Thread: Chuzzy Kits

Thanks

Wink Chuzzy Kits

Can someone tell me or guide me to more information on what a Chuzzy Kit / Board is?

I have just found one being advertised on Ebay however a search on Google and various other engines did not throw up much information.

I assume they somehow modify how the game play / have a completely new piece of code so I also assume they are very specific to a particular machine.

If these alter the way machines play is it possible to modify the source code of a fruit machines ROM / write your own software?

I assume people have reverse engineered the ROMs or how else did people manage to write the emulators for the ROMs?

Gaming Licence Inspector dicky wink's Avatar
    Thanks
    i remember these were designed for the BAR X machines to improve play and pull in more punters .... which apparently they did

dicky

Thanks
    So did they basically replace the exisiting ROM and offer a completely new reprogrammed gameplay?

I take it they were not created by the original manufacturer of the machines?

Thanks
    alot of these chuzzy kits came out as a MAB programme then they reprogrammed them for machines like electrocoin bar x and bar 7

chuzzy kits do have hidden features in there gameplay

Thanks
    MAB BarX's were quality at the right time, even on a 10quid JP would often dump a ton plus straight off the belt.

NQ.

Thanks

Talking

Cheers guys I'm really grateful for your input.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brynbryn View Post
    Fuck it.

If you can take a square shape and force it in a circular hole, you are a genius. If you can tell the hole that what you have is a circle, you are golden.

I've never called them chuzzies but pound for pound you'd have to agree with me that they are called imposters. Different analogy, but look up GPU techniques and find an abstract example. Same thing.
    Eh?

Ooh, pretty colours... elcondor's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think what he's saying is that the kits were good engineering, in the sense that they worked perfectly with hardware made by somebody else. That said, probably one of the best examples of one of these kits was Deal 'Em, converting old MPU4s into video machines with minimal effort.

Unless it's some sort of analogy with common APIs for graphics stuff.

Anyway, my take on it is that the average fruity hardware platform is like a games console, and it's just a matter of making sure your cartridge fits the specifications. If you were bored/diligent enough, you could probably make a game of noughts and crosses out of a Bar-X using different software.
    Last edited by elcondor; 20-06-2007 at 09:08 AM.
    AGEMAME Development - MAME's gambling game evangelists http://agemame.mameworld.info

Thanks
    last i heard, the guy who made the chuzzy kit had his car set on fire.

wonder who did that, MD ?

Thanks
    I've actually met the guy himself who designed these kit's, and he just so has an arcade up in Hyson Green, in Nottingham.

Quite an odd, but interesting guy it has to be said, though I do recall he has upset some folks in the trade, though no idea what over.
    "Credit is like pharmaceuticals: the therapeutic dose is dangerously close to the lethal dose"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stanmarsh14 View Post
    I've actually met the guy himself who designed these kit's, and he just so has an arcade up in Hyson Green, in Nottingham.

Quite an odd, but interesting guy it has to be said, though I do recall he has upset some folks in the trade, though no idea what over.

Yes he is still in Hyson Green.

I get the feeling he has pissed off a lot of people in the trade.

Baffles me how the guy ever got the kits off the ground. He keeps going on about how "we" a developing that and "we" are developing this.

No idea who "we" are, his is always by himself in that scruffy arcade doing absolutely nothing!

Thanks
    i take my hat off to the guy personally.

what would be good is a similar device for older machines, say the monopoly 4 player plasma. that machine is stuck on 25 jp. would be a corker on 70.

anybody got a chussy kit still ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nails View Post
    i take my hat off to the guy personally.

what would be good is a similar device for older machines, say the monopoly 4 player plasma. that machine is stuck on 25 jp. would be a corker on 70.

anybody got a chussy kit still ?

Chuzzy tells me that it durring the 10 all cash jackpot era, the made the conversion kits, as electrocoin wanted big bucks to supply the new 10 kits. His kits are full switchable from stake, to payout. you can change the prizes to anything too.

I was playing a golden Game today on 5jp, looks like a Concept Games rebuld different sounds, prizes, totaly different game in a Golden Game cab. Maybe they are already working on the monopoly plasma.

Thanks
    great update - keep us posted please!