Thanks

Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 1GB

Would there be any interest on the above? I'd rather donate to FF than pay eBay fees, naturally.

Would take 80 + a fiver postage and I'll bouce 10% to FF on sale completion. Pretty sure I have the original box and accessories too etc.

Perfect working order, and really quiet operation - I just wanted something with more grunt for BF4. This will play it on medium at 40-45fps @ 1080p though.

Ref pic: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/p...b_blue_pcb.jpg

Thanks
    80? mate you've got no chance. I would say 60 if you're lucky. They're just not worth it any more, given they're vram restricted and so on.

Dear Dave, thanks for the support, asshole...

And there's a million of us just like me,who cuss like me; who just don't give a fuck like me,who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me and just might be the next best thing but not quite me

Thanks
    What did you get BTW? 290?

And there's a million of us just like me,who cuss like me; who just don't give a fuck like me,who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me and just might be the next best thing but not quite me

Thanks
    Cack, sure I've seen them on the bay around that price, doesn't seem worth the loss to sell cheaper.

I wanted a 290, but didn't like the reference blowers, so went for a Sapphire 280X Toxic. Quiet as fook.

Thanks
    Good choice those cards are selling well atm.

Gambling is bad ...m'kay? chippytea's Avatar
    Currently back home, Spalding, Lincs (woo!)
    Thanks
    Decided to rewrite this post as 3 edits would be too much

Nice card the 280x, especially the TOXIC version, with it's nice cooler, backplate and lights

It's basically a rebrand of the Radeon 7970, but pushed to the limit and on a custom board. Not bad cards the 7970, when they first came out I couldn't stand the driver problems but AMD seem to have made a bit of headway in terms of drivers. I was getting dodgy graphic issues in all my games because early drivers didn't like DirectX 9 (and some of my DirectX 10 games!). Should all be sorted now though.

Did you get a games bundle with it? Makes them epic value for money when you get a good bundle, not sure if that applies to the TOXIC models though since they are pretty insane, probably just reference boards that would qualify for any offers.
    Last edited by chippytea; 28-11-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks
    Aye I don't mind that they're not based on Hawaii, they tear BF4 up a treat.

I didn't have any game vouchers with mine, no great loss for me as the house I moved to has woeful broadband. Physical game discs very much essential!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Aye I don't mind that they're not based on Hawaii, they tear BF4 up a treat.

I didn't have any game vouchers with mine, no great loss for me as the house I moved to has woeful broadband. Physical game discs very much essential!
    Oh mate I feel your pain ! the house Nicola and I lived in for 14 months had double shit broadband. In fact, I've been on shit broadband for nearly six years now so fibre's going to be a revelation (I hope).